Mini Baked Omelet Cups
- 4 cups steamed broccoli florets, chopped into small bits (or vegetable of your choice)*
- 1/2 red pepper, small dice (or vegetable of your choice)*
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. egg whites
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. grated cheese, your choice (I used a 4 cheese blend)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and spoon vegetable mixture evenly into the muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour evenly over vegetables into the cups, until about 3/4 full. Top with grated cheese and bake until cooked, about 20 minutes.
*Note: I used broccoli and red pepper because I already had it on hand. The variations you can make are endless... give these others a try:
- spinach, tomato/sundried tomato, and feta cheese
- peppers, onions, black beans, pepper jack cheese... top with sour cream or salsa
- cooked sausage and onions (less healthy but definitely delicious)