Recipe: Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps

|
Enjoy these turkey taco lettuce wraps as a fun, healthy alternative to tacos. This recipe includes homemade taco seasoning which is much healthier than prepackaged mix from the grocery. You can control the amount of salt and are guaranteed to have no preservatives and no msg. I like to make a big batch of the seasoning to keep on hand for other dishes...it's so easy and will store the same as your other spices!

Note: I adjusted my taco seasoning from the recipe by cutting the salt down to 1/2 tsp. I added 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, and 1/2 tsp onion powder. It was perfect...and pretty.




Lettuce Wrap

I thought they were too messy so I turned mine into taco salad....so delicious!

Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps

  • 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 small onion, minced (I left out the onion, Tony hates it...hence, the onion powder. Shhh!)
  • 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced (I used 1/2 of a red pepper)
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • 8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce
Brown turkey in a large skillet. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well. Add onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.

Wash and dry the lettuce. Place meat in the center of leaf and top with tomatoes, cheese and salsa or other toppings.

Servings: 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment