Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I didn't get to make any homemade sweets today, we were on the road home from our weekend getaway to the Smoky Mountains....but:
Here are some photos of sweet sugar cookies that I made last year in honor of Valentine's Day. You've got to try this recipe for icing, it's foolproof and easy to create professional looking cookies. Have fun!!
Louisville cookies for Tony
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- assorted food coloring
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.