This recipe for BBQ chicken is a go to favorite that's perfect to take to cookouts or any other summer party. The recipe is simple because the chicken is precooked and then marinated in the sauce. Whenever you are ready to eat all you have to do is grill the onions and heat the chicken through... it's great on its own or served as a chicken sandwich. You've gotta try this recipe - my mom was able to feed crowds with this when I was growing up!
½ c. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
¼ c. packed brown sugar
¼ c. ketchup
½ tsp pepper
1 ¼ tsp dry mustard
1 tsp paprika
dash of Tabasco
½ c. thin sliced onion
· Mix above ingredients to create chicken marinade.
· Simmer boneless chicken breasts in water 15-20 minutes, until cooked.
· Marinate cooked breasts in 13x9-inch pan for 8 hours or overnight.
· Place marinated chicken and onions on grill, heat thoroughly.
· Serve as is or on sandwich bun.
Original Collector: My Mom
Tuesday, April 07, 2009