Recipe: March Madness PB "Blossoms"

|
In honor of March Madness I've decided to post an idea for basketball cookies that, just by chance, I came up with last year. I had decided to make traditional Peanut Butter Blossom cookies for Easter which was also, coincidentally, a big day for college basketball. At the last minute I decided it would be fun to attempt making the cookies look like basketballs and just see how they turned out. This is what I ended up with:


These cookies are already a cinch and to make it easier I was using pre-made cookie dough that day. I simply used food coloring (it took quite a bit) to turn the dough orange and baked the cookies like normal. After they cooled I melted the Hershey Kisses and used a sandwich bag as a piping tool to draw on the basketball lines. They ended up looking pretty awesome and tasted just like the regular blossom cookies! If you want to make a basketball themed cookie and are looking for something other than ordinary sugar cookies, I would definitely recommend giving this a shot.

You can find a traditional, non-shortcut version of Peanut Butter Blossoms here.

Original Collector: me

Monday, March 30, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment