An introduction, an explanation

|

Before I began planning my wedding I was frighteningly unaware of the vastness of the blogging world. While searching for inspiration I’ve stumbled across blogs on every single topic under the sun and WOW, I’m impressed. How can this naivety be? Your guess is as good as mine. I’ve actually been a member of the blogging world since 2005 where I share a private blog with my hometown best friends…a laid-back blog of 2 parts catching up, 1 part gossip, and 1 part “Dear lord, please keep me from being bored at work!” It’s a wonderful, comfortable space to hang out with my old friends (all now in separate corners of the globe) that has served well and, hey, it’s the closest we can get to meeting up for happy hour.


As for this blog…well, this will serve as my own life’s “recipe” box or a more accurate description: a hodgepodge, catchall of all things I love. For years I’ve had a serious obsession with cutting, tearing, rewriting, saving, or book marking anything and everything that inspires me. This habit has inevitably created a cluttered mess of piles of magazine clippings, printouts and disordered, arbitrarily named folders on my desktop. My collection is roughly 70% recipes and 30% other inspirational fascinations: photos, projects, interior design clips, jewelry, artwork, and random items I love but have no use for and/or cannot afford. Welcome to my attempt at organizing and compiling all of these tidbits….maybe you’ll find something you love too.


Disclaimer: In no way do I guarantee that I will update this blog daily, weekly or even monthly. I do not guarantee that I will not completely forget about or abandon the blog after 1 or 2 weeks. I will try my best to update but knowing me this could be another short-lived fascination that gets filed away in the rest of my collection.

Rachel

Saturday, March 28, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment