Recipe: Honey-Dijon Salmon with Pecans

|
This was my second time cooking fish and I have to admit that I liked the Spicy Tilapia much better. The salmon seemed a little strong to me but the glaze was excellent and it was extremely easy to cook. Again, Tony liked the recipe more than me but maybe he's just not as picky! I served the salmon with wild rice, salad, and cantaloupe. Yum!!


Honey-Dijon Salmon with Pecans

2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
6 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
Cooking spray
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp finely chopped pecans

1. Preheat broiler. 2. Combine honey and mustard in a bowl, stirring well. 3. Place fish, skin side down, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Brush honey mustard over the fish; sprinkle with pecans. *** Broil 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (*Ours took a little less time because we had smaller fillets. YIELD: 6 servings

***When I topped the fish with the pecans and put it under the broiler, it quickly burnt the pecans and set off the smoke detectors! This has to be a misprint in the recipe, I'd top the fish with pecans after it has cooked (Hence, no pecans on my fish =( ! )

Per Serving: Cal 316; Fat 14.8g; Pro 36.5g; Carb 7.2g; Fib .3g

Original Collector: Me

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment